As Indians continue to be vaccinated with COVID-19, the government is taking some steps to facilitate this process. Earlier this year, the government launched a WHO-backed WhatsApp chatbot to provide user-related coronavirus information. And now, authorities are making it easy for vaccinated citizens to download their COVID-19 vaccination certificate via the MyGov Corona Helpdesk WhatsApp chatbot.
Therefore, this article provides a step-by-step guide on how to download vaccination certificates using WhatsApp.
How to download COVID-19 vaccination certificate on WhatsApp
It’s important to note here that you need to add before proceeding. MyGov CoronaHelpdesk chatbot On your WhatsApp list.So add your mobile number + 91-9013151515 Please go to your contact list before proceeding. To simplify the process, we recommend saving it as a MyGovWA chatbot.
In addition, it is worth mentioning that in order to obtain a certificate via the WhatsApp chatbot, you need to be vaccinated with the coronavirus vaccine available in India at least once. So let’s take steps so that they don’t get in the way.
Steps to download a vaccine certificate via WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp on your smartphone. Use the WhatsApp search bar to search for the mobile number you saved above and create a new chat.
2. In the chat window, type “Download Certificate” to send a message and start the process of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination certificate on WhatsApp.
3. An OTP (one-time password) will be sent to the registered mobile phone number.
Note: If you have registered your name on the CoWIN platform with a different phone number, chatbots will not be able to download certificates from that number. In that case, to get another OTP with that number, you need to enter the number where the name is registered.
4. Then enter the OTP in the chat window to proceed. If the registration number has multiple members, the chatbot offers the option to download each member’s certificate individually (shown in the screenshot below).
5. Enter the relevant number in the WhatsApp chat window and select the member to download the COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
6. The chatbot will send a PDF of the official COVID-19 vaccination certificate in the WhatsApp chat window for download to your device.
You can also check out the Instagram Reels video we recently shared on the official Instagram handle to get a better idea of the process. In the video, my colleague Akshay explains it all and gives a demo. You can check it here.
Download the COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate from WhatsApp Now!
In my case, I registered the vaccination record with a different phone number. Having access to the number during the chat made it easy to get the COVID-19 vaccination certificate and download it to the device. However, it only takes 30 seconds to enter the OTP that will be sent to the registered number, so make sure you have immediate access to the registered phone number during the chat. Also, if you have registered with your own number on the CoWIN platform, you will not have any problems. Therefore, in this way, you can easily download the COVID-19 vaccination certificate via WhatsApp.