If you have a lot of passwords to manage, it’s humans who forget them. And we have all experienced this awkward situation at some point. If you have forgotten your Apple Watch password and are looking for a reliable way to reset your Apple Watch password without losing your data, please see this detailed guide. So don’t be afraid to dive right away to recover your Apple Watch passcode!
- 1 Two Ways to Reset your Apple Watch Passcode (August 2021)
- 2 Easily reset your Apple Watch password
Two Ways to Reset your Apple Watch Passcode (August 2021)
Before performing the relevant steps, there are some important points to note first. As always, you can use the table below to quickly jump from one section to another.
How does resetting my Apple Watch passcode work?
Don’t worry if you forget your Apple Watch password for some reason. Apple provides an official way to reset your Apple Watch passcode. Therefore, you do not need to use expensive third party software to recover your passcode on your watchOS device.
Please note that you need to erase the existing content and settings on your Apple Watch. This means that once the reset is complete, you’ll need to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone and set up your wearable again. This feature has been around since the release of watchOS, so you don’t have to worry about incompatibilities.
So whether you’re using an old first-generation Apple Watch or an all-new Apple Watch 6, you can easily reset your smartwatch password.
How to backup Apple Watch before erasing data?
Apple will automatically back up your Apple Watch data to iCloud using your paired iPhone. Backups are done whenever the iPhone and Apple Watch are close to each other. So you don’t have to worry about manually backing up your smartwatch data. In addition, ensure that your data contains an additional layer of protection against accidental loss.
You can also use the data backed up on your iPhone to restore your Apple Watch or set up a new Apple Watch with the latest backup. This means that no data will be lost after you reset your Apple Watch password. If you back up your paired iPhone to a Mac / Windows PC, keep in mind that the backup will include Apple Watch data. Therefore, setting up a new iOS device and restoring from backup will also restore the latest data on your smartwatch.
Keep in mind that if you set up your Apple Watch for a family member who doesn’t use an iPhone, your Apple Watch data will be backed up directly to iCloud and you can use your new iCloud + subscription to get additional storage and other benefits.Anyway, it’s here All data contained in Apple Watch backup:
- App layout on the home screen
- App-specific data
- Current watch face, customization, order dial settings, etc.
- Dock settings
- General system settings such as brightness, sound, and tactile settings
- Health and fitness data, including history, awards, workouts, and activity calibration data
- Notification settings
- Playlists, albums, mixes synced to your Apple Watch
- Time zone
- Siri voice feedback settings
Here’s what’s not included in your Apple Watch backup:
- Apple Watch passcode
- Bluetooth pairing
- Credit / debit card for Apple Pay on Apple Watch
Method 1: Reset your passcode directly from your Apple Watch
The easiest way to reset your passcode is directly from your Apple Watch. To do that, follow the steps below.
1. First, place your Apple Watch on the charger. Yeah, it’s mandatory, and you shouldn’t remove the watch from the charger until you complete the next step.
2. Next, Press and hold the side button On the screen[電源オフ]Until the slider is displayed. Then press and hold the digital crown until you see the Erase All Content and Settings option on the screen. Tap this option.
3. Next, “resetPress twice to delete the forgotten password and reset your Apple Watch.
Method 2: Reset your Apple Watch password using the iPhone Watch app
If you forget your Apple Watch passcode, you can also erase your Apple Watch using the Watch app on your paired iPhone. Follow the step-by-step process here:
- To get started, open View app With a paired iPhone.
2. Next, “My watchTab is selected (if it is not already selected). next,”Universal“.
3. Then scroll to the bottom and click “reset“.
4. Next, “Erase Apple Watch content and settings “.. This will display a pop-up warning that all media and data will be erased. Tap “Erase all content and settingsUse to confirm the action.
After resetting, follow the linked guide to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone again. Open the Watch app on your iPhone and follow the on-screen instructions on your Apple Watch and iPhone to complete the pairing process. Along the way, you will be given the option to set a new passcode. Don’t forget this. Otherwise, you will have to wipe your smartwatch again.
Easily reset your Apple Watch password
please! So, it’s a way you can reset your forgotten Apple Watch passcode without losing important data. It is advisable to have a reliable and official solution, especially when dealing with problems of that scale. Therefore, we need to thank Apple for providing multiple ways to fix the Apple Watch password forgotten issue. By the way, do you have any questions or feedback on this topic? If yes, please let us know in the comments section below.