With macOS Catalina, Apple has introduced a new way to back up your iPhone and use the Finder to transfer data between your iPhone and Mac. This eliminates the need for iTunes. However, when you connect your iPhone to Mac, your iPhone may not appear in the Finder. If you’re facing a similar issue, this article will help you solve it (unless it’s a hardware issue). let’s start!
- Unlock iPhone
- Unplug iPhone
- Enable CDs, DVDs, and iOS devices on your Mac
- Restart iPhone and Mac
- Update iPhone and Mac
- Select “Trust this computer” when asked
- Check your Mac’s USB connection
- 1 1. Unlock iPhone
- 2 2. Unplug your iPhone
- 3 3. Enable CD, DVD, and iOS devices on your Mac
- 4 4. Restart your iPhone and Mac
- 5 5. Update iPhone and Mac
- 6 6. When asked, select “Trust this computer”
- 7 7. Check your Mac’s USB connection
1. Unlock iPhone
When you connect your iPhone to your Mac with a USB cable, the Finder won’t recognize if your iPhone is locked. Therefore, make sure you have an unlocked iPhone connected.
If the problem persists, proceed to the next step.
2. Unplug your iPhone
It’s simple and easy, but in most cases it’s best to plug and unplug your iPhone. It gives your device the opportunity to form a new connection with your Mac.
This time the Finder may recognize your iPhone. If it still does not appear, proceed to the next step.
3. Enable CD, DVD, and iOS devices on your Mac
When you connect your iPhone to Mac, the iPhone is usually in the sidebar[場所]It will be displayed in the section. However, CD, DVD, and iOS devices If not, the option is enabled.
To do so
- click finder Select in the upper left Environmental setting.
- choose Side bar Tabs and checks CD, DV, and iOS devices..
- finish finder..
- Then disconnect the device from your computer Reboot Both iPhone and Mac.
- Next, Connect iPhone Again on Mac and Start Finder.
Your iPhone will now appear in the Finder. If not, there are further fixes.
4. Restart your iPhone and Mac
If you haven’t restarted your device for a long time, restarting your iPhone and Mac may resolve the issue. So don’t hesitate to give a chance.
How to restart iPhone
- For iPhone X and later: Press and hold either the volume button or the side button until you see the power off slider. Then swipe the power off slider to shut down the device. Now wait a minute or two, then press and hold the side button again to turn it back on.
- For iPhone 8 and earlier: Hold down the side button and drag the power off slider to power off the device. After a while, press and hold the side button to turn it on.
How to restart your Mac
- click Apple icon It is in the upper left of the screen.
- click Reboot..
- select Reboot When prompted, try again.
5. Update iPhone and Mac
In some cases, there may be a bug in the software update. This may cause your iPhone to disappear from the Finder. Apple has released new software updates to fix these bugs. Therefore, check if new software updates are available and install them.
How to update iPhone
- Open Configuration..
- Tap Universal → Software update..
- If updates are available, tap Download and install..
How to update your Mac
- click Apple logo → About this Mac.
- select Software update [概要]tab.
- If possible, download and install the update.
6. When asked, select “Trust this computer”
Whenever you connect your iPhone to Mac for the first time, you will be asked to trust this computer.Must be selected trust Allows your Mac to sync with your iPhone and access your data for backup.
If selected Don’t trust, IPhone does not connect to Mac. Therefore, choose the following: trust The pop-up that appears on your iPhone.
7. Check your Mac’s USB connection
If your iPhone still doesn’t appear in the Finder, there may be a problem with your USB connection. So please check it once.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a compatible cable.
- Then click Apple icon Click in the upper left About this Mac..
- Then hit System report..
- Then select USB option Located in the left sidebar.
under USB device wood, IPhone or iPad will be displayed. If you don’t see it here, there may be a connection problem. Try using a different cable. Also try connecting the cable to another port.
Hopefully this article will help you solve the problem that iPhone doesn’t show up in Finder. However, if the problem persists, unfortunately it could be a hardware problem. You will need to contact Apple Support.
Are you facing any more problems on your iPhone or Mac? Share them in the comments below. We will do our best to fix them.
In addition, the following articles may be useful.