One of the major watchOS issues that many users complain about is the inability to download apps to the Apple Watch. From time to time, apps tend to get stuck during installation and keep loading forever. Otherwise, it just refuses the download for no apparent reason. This troubleshooting guide showed you how to fix the annoying “app doesn’t download to Apple Watch” issue. So if you can’t install the app on your Apple Watch and are looking for an easy way to fix the problem, we’ll take care of it.
- 1 10 Ways to Fix Apple Watch App Not Installed Issue (2022)
- 1.1 Why doesn’t the app install on my Apple Watch?
- 1.2 1. Make sure your app is compatible
- 1.3 2. Switch airplane mode on / off (airplane mode switching)
- 1.4 Automatic download
- 1.5 Turn off / on cellular / Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (switch between Bluetooth, WiFi and cellular network)
- 1.6 Make sure to download one app at a time
- 1.7 Force restart Apple Watch and iPhone
- 1.8 Reset network settings
- 1.9 Get rid of your Apple Watch
- 1.10 Update Apple Watch and iPhone software
- 1.11 Erase Apple Watch and Repair Smartwatch to iPhone
- 2 Easily fix apps that aren’t installed in Apple Watch issues
10 Ways to Fix Apple Watch App Not Installed Issue (2022)
There are several reasons why the app won’t install on your Apple Watch. However, there are as many (or more) methods available to solve the problem. This article describes all these fixes for installing the app on your Apple Watch.
We’ll also look at some of the reasons why this problem first occurs. As always, you can use the table of contents below to navigate this article without hassle.
Why doesn’t the app install on my Apple Watch?
Poor internet connectivity is often the main reason why you can’t install apps on your Apple Watch, but there are other bottlenecks to keep in mind. Incompatibilities, cluttered storage, and other software glitches are also causes of app installation issues with watchOS issues. To resolve this issue, investigate each possible cause and try some feasible fixes.
1. Make sure your app is compatible
The first thing to check when faced with an app installation issue is compatibility. There are still quite a few popular apps that aren’t yet available on the Apple Watch, like WhatsApp. Therefore, make sure that the app you are trying to install on your watchOS device is compatible.
By the way, if you want watchOS 8 to have WhatsApp app, there is a way to try it with WhatsApp on your Apple Watch.
2. Switch airplane mode on / off (airplane mode switching)
If your app tends to get stuck on the loading screen forever, it may be due to a poor internet connection. Therefore, fixing the poor internet connection will help solve the problem.
- Swipe up Display the Control Center from the bottom of the screen.Then tap Airplane button To put on.
- Now, wait for a while and then tap the airplane mode icon again to disable it.
In many cases, simply switching airplane modes can solve many connectivity issues not only on the Apple Watch, but also on the iPhone and iPad. Therefore, always try this if you encounter connectivity or network issues with your device. In just a few seconds, you don’t have to worry about anything.
Like iOS, watchOS comes with an automatic app download setting that allows you to automatically download new Apple Watch apps (including free) purchased on other devices connected to your Apple ID. Therefore, if you want to see compatible iPhone apps on your Apple Watch, make sure they are enabled.
- Move to View the app On your iPhone -> App Store Then turn on the toggle next to it Automatic download..
- If toggle is already enabled, turn it off. Then restart both your iPhone and Apple Watch and power cycle.
Turn off / on cellular / Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (switch between Bluetooth, WiFi and cellular network)
Another nifty hack to try to solve the app installation problem is to reset the radio. In many cases, network-related issues can be quickly eliminated. So give it a try.
- For Apple Watch: Settings app-> Wi-Fi, mobile / mobile data, Bluetooth Then turn off the toggle.
- Then restart your Apple Watch. Hold down the side button and drag the power off slider to power off the wearable device. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the side button again to turn on your smartwatch.
- For paired iPhones: Settings app-> Wi-Fi / Cellular and Bluetooth Then turn off the toggle. Then restart your iOS device.
- On iPhones without a home button Press and hold the volume button, then press and hold the side button Until the power off slider appears on the screen. Then drag the power off slider to power off the device. Then press and hold the device until you see the Apple logo. After the device restarts, turn on Wi-Fi / Cellular and Bluetooth.
Make sure to download one app at a time
Download one app to your Apple Watch at a time. It may not seem like a direct solution to your app download problem, but it’s something to keep in mind. If your internet connection is not very strong, you may not be able to install more than one at the same time.
Force restart Apple Watch and iPhone
Hard reset (also known as forced restart) is a problematic troubleshooting not only for iPhone but also for Apple Watch. Besides clearing the cache, a hard reset can clear temporary files, which fixes many issues. Therefore, if you run into general watchOS issues, be sure to give it a try.
- Press and hold Side button And that Digital crown At the same time until the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- For iPhone 8 or later: Press the volume up button and release it quickly. Then press the volume down button and release it quickly. Then press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo on your screen.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the side button and the volume down button at the same time until you see the Apple logo on your screen.
- For iPhone 6s / 6s Plus and earlier: Press and hold the Home button and Side / Top button at the same time until the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears on the screen.
After your Apple Watch restarts, try installing the app again. If you can install it without any problems, the problem may have been resolved.
Reset network settings
Is there a solution yet? Try resetting your network settings to troubleshoot network-related issues that may prevent you from installing the app on your Apple Watch.
- For iOS 15 or later: Open Settings app On a paired iPhone-> General-> iPhone Transfer or Reset-> Reset-> Reset Network Settings..
- For iOS 14 and earlier: Launch iPhone Settings App-> General-> Reset-> Reset Network Settings..
Get rid of your Apple Watch
When your Apple Watch gets stuck due to space, problems such as sluggishness and app installation persist. Therefore, if you haven’t cleaned up your smartwatch for a long time, cluttered storage may be the cause of the problem. Therefore, try cleaning up your smartwatch.
But before you kill, take a closer look at the storage consumption of your Apple Watch. This gives you better insight into what needs to be cleaned up.
- Head to View the app On your iPhone -> General-> Storage.. At the top of the screen, you’ll see a bar showing a breakdown of your storage usage.
- This screen shows a long list of apps and the total capacity consumed by each app. Now go ahead and get rid of all the wasted apps and media to free up enough space on your Apple Watch.
Update Apple Watch and iPhone software
If the app freezes during installation on your Apple Watch, please update the software on both your iPhone and Apple Watch. Old software may be in the way.
- Open View the app On your iPhone -> General-> Software Update.. Then download and install the latest version of your watchOS version.
- On the iPhone Settings app -> General-> Software Update.. Then download the latest version of iOS and install it on your device.
Erase Apple Watch and Repair Smartwatch to iPhone
If none of the above tips helped fix the Apple Watch not installing the app, erase your smartwatch and fix it on your iPhone. It’s considered the core solution for the Apple Watch, and there are tips to fix even the most complex issues.
- Toward Settings app On Apple Watch -> General-> Reset-> Erase content and settings..
- You should now see a popup asking you to confirm the action.Tap Erase all It’s over.
- Or you can go to View the app On your iPhone -> General-> Reset-> Erase all content and settings..Then tap Erase all To confirm.
After erasing your Apple Watch View the app On your iPhone, follow the instructions to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
Easily fix apps that aren’t installed in Apple Watch issues
please! Therefore, these are the most effective ways to troubleshoot apps not being installed due to Apple Watch issues. Hopefully the problem is now behind you. As always, we’re glad to know your feedback and the hacks that helped you solve the problem. In addition, if you find any other efficient solution that is missing from this troubleshooting guide, please point it out as well.